SPRINGGATE OPEN MIC NIGHT
at the estate
MAY 18TH & 25TH
We love local music - to listen to it and to discover it. On these last 2 Tuesdays in May, we will open our Courtyard performance area at the SpringGate Estate in Harrisburg to our community of local musicians. Hosted by John Kelly, it is a unique opportunity for us to experience new and rising local talent.
Note: As of September 2017, you cannot use drums at Open Mic, and while this is completely open to everyone to perform, SpringGate is hiring mainly solos and duos at this time.
OPEN MIC NIGHT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FROM THE HOST - JOHN KELLY
SpringGate's Open Mic is held on Tuesdays through May from 6-8 PM.
- The Open Mic host usually arrives between 5:30p and 5:45p, 6:00p at the latest. Please be sure to sign in on the registration sheet. Live music begins around 6 PM.
- The host usually does a song or two to start off the night, then opens it up to the performers on the list on a first-come, first-served basis. We've been having a great response lately with lots of performers, but we try to get everyone a set between 15 and 20 minutes.
- We'd suggest that acts have three to five of their best tunes ready, and depending on their length we'll get in as many as possible. We try to wrap up around 8 PM.
- To be considerate of your fellow musicians, try to streamline your setup as much as possible, and be prepared to take the stage as soon as the player before you is finished.
- The role of the host at Open Mic is to sign up performers and collect their contact information in case the venue wants to talk to them about dates.
- The host introduces acts and assists players in taking and leaving the stage. The host is not directly employed by the venue and has no ability to book bands or schedule dates for bands. Final booking decisions are based on feedback from SpringGate staff as well as review of any videos or media available from the performers.
- The signup sheet should include the name of the performer or group, an email address, and a mention of any audio or video performances available on YouTube, Facebook, Soundcloud or other social media. Business cards containing that information can be left with the signup sheet.
- Click here or here for more details.